What Are Employee On-boarding And Separation Procedures?
When we bring on a new client, we create a document that outlines all of the steps and tasks required to get a new employee set up in their organization. Creating a step by step procedure and checklist helps ensure that the process is handled the same way every time and that nothing is missed. Sometimes we end up with a base procedure, that we will apply to all employees, as well as a departmental procedure, that will be applied only to staff working in that department.
We work closely with your management team to ensure that new employees have a smooth first day, as well as to protect the business when there is an unexpected employee separation.
In Addition to a detailed on-boarding procedure, here are a few of the IT related things that should be documented for all employees:
- General description of workflow, function, and role
- List of devices used and software used
- List of hosted systems that each user has access to
- Description of server, and data access requirements (folders, files & shares)
- Company-owned devices that each employee has possession of (laptop, tablet, smartphone)
- Any remote access accounts, VPN accounts, or other forms of remote access to company data
- Physical access controls like key fobs or mechanical keys
At White Mountain, we make changing IT vendors EASY!
Thanks for visiting, we look forward to hearing from you.