The Value That Managed IT Services Bring to the Table
We’re always trying to get our message out, sharing how our services can bring value to just about any kind of business - including nonprofits and municipalities - seeing as just about every business today relies on technology to some degree. Here, we wanted to demonstrate how that value can present itself through managed services.
Our Experience with Industries
Perspective is a valuable thing, especially when you have to figure out solutions to as many problems as an MSP has to. Not only are there occasionally real-time issues to resolve, we also deal with predicted problems and challenges, working to have a fix ready for when it is needed. We’ve gathered a lot of perspective during our experiences doing so, and it has made us better at our jobs.
However, perspective is only helpful if it can be applied practically - you need more than a complete view of things, you also need to know what you are looking at. The same goes for the IT support team you are relying on, too. What are your IT challenges, and how are your operations most impacted by them? The most successful support team is the team that understands how your business needs to operate and provides you with the IT services that facilitate that.
From the perspective of a business owner, many of the issues that pop up in their technology do just that - they pop up. They’re sudden. Considering that, there’s little wonder that many business owners still prefer to have an employee (or a department, depending on the size of the business in question) on-hand to work on IT issues. That way, travel time isn’t a factor, and the issue can be resolved quicker, right?
Well, yes and no.
Part of it has to do with the remote nature of managed services, so someone on-site is going to be able to get their hands on the problematic device that much quicker, sure. However, because the MSP is using their remote access to proactively monitor your solutions, you probably aren’t even aware of the problems that the MSP is catching and resolving for you behind-the-scenes - and technically speaking, even if the problem does require an on-site visit, the MSP could be using their remote monitoring solutions to help diagnose the problem as the tech is on their way.
Again, the idea is to avoid incidents that make it critical to cut down response times in the first place.
What is it, really, that you need of your IT resource? Specialized experience with niche technologies? Greater control in your hands? Less responsibility? Improved communications? Adherence to stricter compliance standards? A good managed service provider can help you with all these things, and more.
Furthermore, a relationship with us gives you privileged access to the same professionals that we’ve cultivated relationships with - vendors and the like - as a pleasant addition to our team’s expertise and determination to successfully provide for your IT needs. Overall, this is truly one of the biggest, underestimated, benefits to working with a managed service provider.
Consider the investment you would have to make to completely staff and equip an entire IT department with highly skilled professionals of the caliber and skill that we have at White Mountain IT Services. Now consider how you could better invest that money, having saved it by signing on with White Mountain IT Services as your outsourced IT provider.
There really is something to this managed service arrangement.
If you’re looking to get something more out of the way your business takes advantage of technology, give us a call at 603-889-0800.
- Would You Fall for this Adult Scam if You Saw an Old Passwor... As you may expect, the average Internet scammer isn’t above resorting to dirty tricks to claim their ill-gotten prize from their victims. A recent scam demonstrates just how dirty these tricks can truly be, and unfortunately, how ill-prepared many are to handle them. To preface this scam, we need...
- 4 Internal Threats Every Business Owner Should Understand In light of all the data leaks and vulnerabilities that have been brought to light over the past few years, network security has to be a priority for every business. One problem many organizations have is that while they are protecting their network and infrastructure from threats outside their comp...
- Managed IT is a Valuable Solution to Your Technology Woes When your organization is suffering from failing computer hardware, you will almost certainly experience increased downtime that will result in operational inefficiency and an overall lack of productivity. In order to keep your business technology properly working for you, you will need access to kn...
- How to Compose a Successful Business Continuity Plan If you don’t consider the worst-case scenario when preparing your business’ disaster recovery strategy, you’ll inevitably suffer from it when it does happen. Taking into account all of these nuances is one of the main ways your organization can prepare for such an occasion. All of these instances ne...
- Why Should Your Vendors Decide What’s Right for Your Busines... You serve as a vendor to your clients, providing them with a necessary good or service. Likewise, you have vendors that provide you with the goods and services that enable you to do so. However, how well are your vendors managed? What is Vendor Management? Putting it simply, vendor management is ...
- Spend More Time Managing Your Business, and Less Managing Ve... Chances are, you most likely view your vendors as a necessary evil. While you have to work with them to get the things that your business needs to function, it’s hard to not think of everything else that could be accomplished in the time you spend dealing with them. Unfortunately, there are even mor...