In fact, according to the Worldwide Cloud IT Infrastructure tracker for the first quarter of 2015, cloud IT will soon trump spending on traditional IT models sometime in the next decade.
There are several noteworthy observations to make concerning this image:
- Traditional IT is still the main player for 2015, rolling in at just over 65 percent of all deployments.
- Public cloud IT accounts for around 20 percent of all deployments.
- Private cloud IT makes up over 10 percent of all deployments.
- Over the next five years, traditional IT will continue to decrease in usage, while the public cloud will make a significant jump in use. Private clouds will continue to grow, but not as quick a rate as the public cloud.
On the financial scale, here are some statistics:
- Spending on cloud IT infrastructures will reach $33.4 billion in 2015 alone.
- Spending on private cloud infrastructures will grow to $11.7 billion.
- Public cloud shows projected expenditures and growth of up to $21.7 billion.
These numbers show that the cloud industry is growing at a staggering rate, and that while traditional IT expenditures continue to fall, they?re not being mitigated slowly enough to be considered an afterthought yet. Whether or not your business wants to integrate a cloud solution shouldn?t be a question. The benefits greatly outweigh the costs in the long run, and there are a plethora of options to choose from; be it private cloud, public cloud, or even a mix of the two in a hybrid cloud solution.
It must be emphasized that the cloud can not only benefit your business model, but it can also increase your company’s mobility. By giving your employees the ability to access mission-critical applications and information while out of the office, you?re opening up more opportunities for productivity outside of the workplace. This lets your team choose how they want to work, and on what device.
It’s safe to say that the cloud is revolutionizing the deployment of information and applications, but what are your thoughts on it? If you have questions or concerns, feel free to call White Mountain IT Services. We can discuss how the cloud can benefit your business, and what complications you need to look out for. We can even help you integrate your own customized cloud solution. Contact us at (603) 889-0800 for more information.