5 Challenges a Modern-Day Business Faces with IT
Running a business isn’t easy, and it’s only made more difficult by the incredible amount of responsibility thrown at you on a daily basis. One of the most difficult parts of running a business is managing the technology, as well as all of its bells and whistles. Here are five of the most difficult challenges that a business faces when trying to optimize their IT infrastructure.
Finding Qualified Individuals for IT Management
You don’t want your end-users to be the ones administering and managing your technology solutions, mainly because they’re probably not trained or experienced enough to confidently do so. You want IT professionals handling your technology whenever possible. These technicians should have an impressive resumé complete with experience, certifications, and a good reputation.
Balancing Innovation and Upkeep
Businesses need to ensure that a certain amount of innovation is happening in order to keep themselves at the forefront of the competition. Unfortunately, integrating new solutions and normal, everyday maintenances often conflict with each other; especially if the team performing maintenance is the same one which is responsible for innovation. In order to succeed in the most secure and efficient way possible, businesses need to adapt to changes in their IT environment while keeping their technology maintained and up to date.
Gathering Information and Insights
One of the best ways your business can get a head start on IT is by doing your research before committing to a particular solution. A tech-savvy professional is someone you want on your side when considering significant changes to your IT infrastructure. This helps you ensure that you don’t make changes that could potentially be incompatible with your hardware or software.
Planning Ahead for Future Developments
What problems can you see your business running into in the future? You want to make sure that your IT infrastructure is flexible enough to account for growth if necessary. Building an IT roadmap that anticipates the growth of your business, as well as changes in your business model and more, can help you prepare for the future of your IT.
Providing Training for End-Users
Your users are arguably one of the most valuable assets your business has, and if they don’t know how to use your technology solutions, what good is the technology? One of the most vital roles that your tech support should be able to supply for your end-users is training. This helps them better leverage their technology and saves your team time, especially when trying to diagnose potential issues that are caused by simple user confusion.
This might feel a little overwhelming, but you don’t have to worry about it. White Mountain IT Services can help your organization overcome these five challenges. We can equip your business with personal IT consultants whose ultimate goal is the same as yours; for your business to succeed. Our talented professionals examine your infrastructure for potential weak points and improvements, then work around your budget to get the solutions you need to maximize efficiency. Furthermore, we can help your employees better understand their technology and get more out of their workday. Give us a call at 603-889-0800 to learn more.
- Google Duplex Can Make Calls for You, and More At Google I/O 2018, the latest occurrence of Google’s convention for developers, a stunning new technology was demonstrated to those in attendance. Called Google Duplex, it adds a new level of utility and capability to the Google Assistant, in that it enables the Google Assistant to make phone calls...
- How to Compose a Successful Business Continuity Plan If you don’t consider the worst-case scenario when preparing your business’ disaster recovery strategy, you’ll inevitably suffer from it when it does happen. Taking into account all of these nuances is one of the main ways your organization can prepare for such an occasion. All of these instances ne...
- 4 Internal Threats Every Business Owner Should Understand In light of all the data leaks and vulnerabilities that have been brought to light over the past few years, network security has to be a priority for every business. One problem many organizations have is that while they are protecting their network and infrastructure from threats outside their comp...
- Would You Fall for this Adult Scam if You Saw an Old Passwor... As you may expect, the average Internet scammer isn’t above resorting to dirty tricks to claim their ill-gotten prize from their victims. A recent scam demonstrates just how dirty these tricks can truly be, and unfortunately, how ill-prepared many are to handle them. To preface this scam, we need...
- Getting to Know Technology: Hackers It doesn’t matter how much of a technology novice someone is, chances are, they’ve heard the term “hacker” before. A favorite character trope of Hollywood films and television dramas, these cybercriminals have appeared in productions like Die Hard and Mr. Robot with varying degrees of accuracy. Belo...
- Spend More Time Managing Your Business, and Less Managing Ve... Chances are, you most likely view your vendors as a necessary evil. While you have to work with them to get the things that your business needs to function, it’s hard to not think of everything else that could be accomplished in the time you spend dealing with them. Unfortunately, there are even mor...