IT Support Technician
White Mountain IT Services
White Mountain IT is a Managed IT Services firm based in Nashua NH. Our managed IT support services provide a strong focus on client experience. We help small and mid-size businesses provide their employees with exceptional user experience and professional IT management.
We are looking for a very strong IT support technician to join the White Mountain family. This position offers a competitive salary based on experience, plus generous benefits! Our benefits include health, dental, a matching 401k plan, short-term and long-term disability, paid time off (PTO), holidays and floating holidays, and weekly training opportunities. If you are looking for an excellent opportunity to gain experience in a variety of technologies while working with a team of talented technical professionals, apply today!
Candidates must demonstrate a highly professional demeanor and possess excellent organizational and communication skills. Successful candidates must also be exceptional team players with a strong technical aptitude professional background
A DAY IN THE LIFE AS AN IT SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
As an IT Support Technician, you provide both remote and onsite IT support by troubleshooting and assisting clients with any technical difficulties they may encounter. This is where your love and expertise for information technology and software comes into play. You maneuver your way around operating systems and servers, utilizing your knowledge of software, firewalls, VPNs, wireless access points, and so much more!
In addition to in house project and remote support work, you may occasionally travel to client sites within 60 miles of Nashua to help with deployments, upgrades, support work, client onboardings, and migrations.
Because you can think on your feet, you can quickly address and resolve incidents and requests. You understand the importance of documentation and use your attention to detail to keep everything organized.
You train and work with your teammates to share knowledge to improve outcomes. Every day you find yourself doing exactly what you love as an IT Support Technician!
This is a full-time position. Although business hours are Monday through Friday between 8am-5pm, occasional evening and weekend work is required.
- Work in a dynamic role that includes in-house and on-site work.
- Identify the specific nature of user difficulties and provide a specific and effective response to solutions. Work with internal and external resources to resolve issues quickly.
- Ability to listen to a client explain the incident, determine the probable cause, and logically take the best course of action.
- Ability to visualize a problem or situation and think abstractly to solve it.
- Assure timely response to email and telephone assistance requests.
- Accurately log all helpdesk calls.
- Use monitoring tools to ensure uptime, monitor network health and troubleshoot issues
- Build partnerships with customers by regularly demonstrating expertise and professionalism.
- Keep customers informed of problem resolution timeline and action plans.
- Independently assess and effectively respond to customers' requests.
- Implement problem solutions by following company policies and procedures. Follow through on commitments made to customers
- Increase personal knowledge of business and technical environment with the goal of increasing first-call resolution rates.
- Develop and document procedures used by Help Desk as part of building the training library.
- Must have a minimum of two to three (2-3) years’ experience providing IT support which includes troubleshooting hardware, software, operating system issues, and network problems.
- Hands-on experience in installing, troubleshooting, and fixing desktops, printers, laptop and network devices like switches, wireless access points, firewalls, etc.
- Basic knowledge of LAN, Wi-Fi, and VPN setups and concepts.
- Ability to lift/move computer equipment weighing up to 50Lbs.
- Skilled in desk side support and PC break/fix including basic administration of Windows O/S
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking, DNS, DHCP, VPN, and RDP.
- Ability to troubleshoot issues with systems and networks using good deductive reasoning skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills with clients and management as well as people skills.
- Ability to work with deadlines and complete tasks on-time.
- MCP Certification or willingness to obtain it
- One of the following is a plus: A+, Network+, or Security+
- Experience in Managed Services delivery environment is a plus
- Experience with Kaseya, ConnectWise, Datto, Labtech or similar MSP tools is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Active Directory Administration
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365
- A high degree of professionalism and integrity
- Very strong organizational skills
- Multi-tasking capabilities and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong hardware & software troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to express technical terms in basic language, both verbally and written
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, consensus-building and conflict resolution skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Virtual Desktop Platforms/Environments (VMware, Azure, AWS, etc.) is a plus
- VoIP experience plus
- Reliable transportation (we reimburse mileage)
- Detail-oriented – gets it right the first time
- Clean background check and driving record