As a modern business, your success depends on your technology functioning properly. As many businesses have discovered when their solutions did not function as intended, the effects can have considerable impact to their success rates. To help keep your business running, you need to be sure that your solutions are maintained.
How Not to Help Your Business
When many people hear the term “tech support,” the first thing that pops into their mind is the common perception of IT services, which is also known as a break-fix approach.
This approach usually plays out in the following way:
- Something breaks or stops working as expected and a user (or users) can’t get work done.
- You reach out and contact tech support.
- A tech has to be sent out to resolve the issue.
- You wait for the tech to arrive.
- The tech arrives and resolves the issue. You pay the support fees.
- Your affected employees are able to return to work.
While this approach does ultimately get your technology issue resolved, consider how much you’re really paying each time this happens. Sure, you’re paying your IT provider for their services, but there are other costs associated with this approach. Your employees still have to be paid for their time, even if the issue rendered them unable to complete their tasks.
You also have to consider if the issue affected any of your clients as well. If the issue prevented them from receiving the benefit that they utilize your services for, they are not likely to be very pleased with you. If it happens often enough, many will likely seek out a competitor.
Clearly, while this approach works, it certainly doesn’t minimize the damage an issue can potentially cause your business.
How to Really Help Your Business
Many businesses today are moving away from that version of tech support in favor of a different approach: managed services.
With managed services, the approach to resolving technology issues plays out much differently.
- One of the managed service provider’s technology specialists notices that a mission-critical component on your network might soon experience an issue. They reach out and inform you of the potential issue.
- The MSP works to fix the problem remotely, if applicable.
- If the issue is covered by your service level agreement with the MSP, you pay nothing more than the predictable, monthly service fees.
- Your employees are able to continue their work, with little to no interruption.
Managed services, like the ones that White Mountain IT Services can provide, will help you to minimize the amount of downtime that your business will experience. By working proactively to monitor and maintain your solutions, you can ensure that your workforce remains productive. Give us a call at 603-889-0800 to learn more.
- Could You Spot a Social Engineering Attack? As invaluable as the security solutions that protect a network are, they can be effectively rendered useless if a cybercriminal is skilled in social engineering. Social engineering is the practice of using manipulation to access protected resources, as we will review later. If your business and its ...
- Automation is Exciting, But your Employees Might Be Worried It’s no secret that business operations have a lot of moving parts that need to be considered. The thing is, these parts are most likely the simplest elements of any workflow, but take up large portions of time simply due to the number of them that need to be addressed. I bet that you could easil...
- Three Gifts for Your IT Resource The holiday season is here, and the spirit of giving is in the air. Why not give the IT professional in your life a few things that they’ve been wishing for all year? Here, we’ve compiled a list of things you can give them, some of which will cost you (and your business) nothing. Wish One: Securi...
- What To Do When You’ve Had Enough of Your Broken Technology Chances are that you’ve dealt with the following scenario: You are working along fine and you try to open an application only to be rebuked by an error message on the screen that tells you that there is some type of critical error. You close that out hoping that it was a one-time exception, but nope...
- The Future of IT; 2019 is The Year Your Business Hires a Man... Chances are that if you are a business owner that has been in business for a decade you’ve seen how emerging technologies have changed the face of business. Technologies like cloud computing have opened up opportunities for many businesses to get the powerful computing infrastructures they need with...
- Here’s How Companies Struggle with IT Security No business can be successful if it’s constantly suffering from data breaches. Therefore, you should take measures to mitigate the issues caused by these threats before they present themselves. Here are four of the biggest issues your business could face in the field of network security. Password...