Tip of the Week: Prime Your Business for a Successful 2019
As 2018 progresses, certain technologies and implementations are becoming more prominently used by businesses. These trends are anticipated to continue, so it only makes sense to embrace these technologies sooner rather than later. Today, we’ll review some of these technologies, why they are expected to grow, and how you can use them to benefit your business operations.
The rise of cryptocurrencies have brought the blockchain into the spotlight, but the abilities of the blockchain that permits cryptocurrencies to function also have applications in the business world. Simply put, blockchain technology allows for information to be secured and protected. Furthermore, business processes can be streamlined and made more secure as well, replacing third parties with smart contracts that are able to confirm actions without exposing data to security risks.
Internet of Things
The Internet of Things, or the IoT, is already becoming a standby in daily life. Countless devices are able to connect to the Internet as a means of their general function, communicating with other devices and activating processes based on predetermined factors. This allows for tasks to be completed without the risk of user error.
However, there are still some concerns about the IoT, namely, a general lack of security incorporated into the devices. As a result, it may be best to simply monitor how the IoT is being improved upon--waiting until its security is up to standards before diving in. With any luck, improving the security of these devices will be a focus during 2019.
While the importance of maintaining an open line of communication with clients and customers is indisputable, many companies lack the internal resources to dedicate the commitment to comprehensive support. Improvements in chatbot interfaces have made them an increasingly viable option for companies to field incoming messages, as artificial intelligence attends to many concerns and greatly reduces the number of problems that your staff has to deal with.
As a result of these improvements, more industries are likely to increase their use of chatbots for a variety of purposes.
The ability for most solutions to be delivered and maintained via an Internet connection has led to a shift in software deployment. Instead of needing to buy a new version of the software every year, the subscription model allows companies to pay a monthly fee for the security of knowing that the software they are using is the most recent (and secure) version available.
It should come as no surprise that a technology that allows focus to be shifted from menial tasks to other, more pressing considerations would be welcomed in the business world. Automation permits exactly this, with artificial intelligence and predetermined processes stepping in and providing certain business needs.
While there are many processes and fields that still require a human touch, automation allows for more time to be committed to them, and less to “busy” work.
Which of these technologies do you see having the biggest benefit for your business? Let us know in the comments, and make sure you subscribe to our blog!
- Tech Term: What are Proxy Servers? While proxy server is a tech term that is frequently cited, it is not understood by a vast majority of people. Today we will describe what a proxy server is, and why organizations like yours use them. What is a Proxy Server? Simply put, a proxy server is a computer that acts as an intermediary be...
- Tip of the Week: Awareness is Key to Mobile Device Security With more and more businesses relying on mobile devices for their business they have to be sure that the use of these devices doesn’t present security issues for the company. With all that is happening in business computing today, finding out how you can protect yourself in lieu of the prevalence sm...
- Tip of the Week: 3 Ways to a Faster Boot Time Your time is valuable, so you don’t have time to waste on waiting for your Windows operating system to boot up. In the interest of saving time, today’s tip will go over three ways to speed up your Windows 10 boot time. Of course, you should always check with IT to make sure it is okay before you ...
- Three Reasons VoIP is a Great Choice for Businesses If you’re trying to run your business without considering communication, you’re crippling your business unnecessarily. One of the ways that you can improve communications is by capitalizing on a modern phone system that uses the cloud. You might be surprised by how great a cloud-hosted VoIP solution...
- Some of the Value that Cloud Computing Offers Cloud computing is a major player in the way that businesses are approaching their daily operations. This might bring into question whether or not your organization is actually using the cloud in the first place, but one thing is certain--if you haven’t implemented the cloud yet, it’s difficult to n...
- How to Compose a Successful Business Continuity Plan If you don’t consider the worst-case scenario when preparing your business’ disaster recovery strategy, you’ll inevitably suffer from it when it does happen. Taking into account all of these nuances is one of the main ways your organization can prepare for such an occasion. All of these instances ne...