Tip of the Week: How to Find the Right Outsourced IT Company for Your Business
As your company expands, you’re beginning to realize that one IT person isn’t enough to handle all of your technical needs. You feel like you need more hands on deck, but your budget won’t allow for it. You decide that your best option is to hire slowly and steadily, interviewing externally for the most qualified individuals. But, how can you be sure that they meet the needs of your company?
If you outsource your IT needs, you get the benefit of an entire IT staff from a predictable, easy-to-budget price. This makes it far more cost-efficient than hiring new staff members. However, not all IT agencies are equal, and some are far more professional than others. How can you tell the champs from the chumps? A simple business interview can sometimes be all you need to figure it out.
Major IT Trends
A safe question to ask is if they are following the major trends of the IT industry. If the company is paying attention to important discoveries, such as major bugs in software or patch releases, that means that they are passionate about what they do, and that passion can benefit your company greatly.
At White Mountain IT Services, we follow many different news outlets and are always aware of recent happenings in the tech community. We know that a good IT staff needs to pay attention to trends, and we adapt our strategies accordingly.
Difficult Tasks? No Problem
Sometimes your staff might get in over their heads and have trouble operating their technology. Nobody understands how to do everything, and the same goes for your prospective outsourced IT company. A good question to ask them at an interview is how they handle unclear circumstances. Their methods of gaining necessary information or clarifying the situation can tell a lot about the service that a company can provide.
White Mountain IT Services works with you and your local IT staff to ensure that there is as little confusion as possible between your party and ours. If something is unclear, we’ll work with you to achieve a level of clarity that is necessary to do a job the way that it needs to be done - right.
Give your outsourcing candidates difficult decisions to make and watch them squirm. If they struggle to answer and react, they probably aren’t worth hiring. Often times, the answer isn’t as important as the thought process they put into it. You get to see their information-gathering skills on the fly, and analyze the way that they resolve problems.
White Mountain IT Services will find the best way to resolve your problems, both timely and economically. We know that some problems can’t be fixed as quickly as you would like, but we put our all into finding the best solution as quickly as possible.
Finding an IT provider that suits your needs doesn’t always have to be challenging. Call White Mountain IT Services at 603-889-0800 today and give us an interview. You can see for yourself just how qualified we are to handle all of your IT needs.
- Tip of the Week: 3 Ways to a Faster Boot Time Your time is valuable, so you don’t have time to waste on waiting for your Windows operating system to boot up. In the interest of saving time, today’s tip will go over three ways to speed up your Windows 10 boot time. Of course, you should always check with IT to make sure it is okay before you ...
- 4 Internal Threats Every Business Owner Should Understand In light of all the data leaks and vulnerabilities that have been brought to light over the past few years, network security has to be a priority for every business. One problem many organizations have is that while they are protecting their network and infrastructure from threats outside their comp...
- How to Compose a Successful Business Continuity Plan If you don’t consider the worst-case scenario when preparing your business’ disaster recovery strategy, you’ll inevitably suffer from it when it does happen. Taking into account all of these nuances is one of the main ways your organization can prepare for such an occasion. All of these instances ne...
- What Will We Use When the Computer Mouse Goes Extinct? Does anyone remember computer punch cards? Does this date us? Either way, since computing punch cards went the way of the dinosaur, there has been some version of the keyboard and mouse as we know them today. These interfacing tools have become so ingrained into our minds that it is frankly difficul...
- Spend More Time Managing Your Business, and Less Managing Ve... Chances are, you most likely view your vendors as a necessary evil. While you have to work with them to get the things that your business needs to function, it’s hard to not think of everything else that could be accomplished in the time you spend dealing with them. Unfortunately, there are even mor...
- Would You Fall for this Adult Scam if You Saw an Old Passwor... As you may expect, the average Internet scammer isn’t above resorting to dirty tricks to claim their ill-gotten prize from their victims. A recent scam demonstrates just how dirty these tricks can truly be, and unfortunately, how ill-prepared many are to handle them. To preface this scam, we need...