Three Gifts for Your IT Resource
The holiday season is here, and the spirit of giving is in the air. Why not give the IT professional in your life a few things that they’ve been wishing for all year? Here, we’ve compiled a list of things you can give them, some of which will cost you (and your business) nothing.
Wish One: Security Consciousness
While it isn’t a holiday-themed story, the tale of Sisyphus would likely be quite relatable to most IT professionals. In the story, Sisyphus is doomed to an eternity in the afterlife spent pushing a massive boulder up a hill, only to have it roll back down when he nears the summit, over and over and over. Many IT professionals might relate as they run between security issues that your other employees cause through their actions.
Reflecting on this, it only makes sense that an increased awareness of security concerns and procedures would make a great gift for your IT resources. After all, if the rest of your team knew how to avoid issues, the result would be fewer issues for IT to juggle, thereby freeing them up to tend to their other responsibilities.
Wish Two: More Cloud
The cloud is a very valuable solution, and few in any organization see that better than the IT department. Not only do cloud technologies and services eliminate many of the time-consuming and outdated tasks that IT has to handle, it enables them to improve the business in other ways.
If given the ability to utilize the cloud more, your IT resources could deliver benefits to your business in many more areas than before, giving you more bang for your buck, and them much less stress.
Wish Three: Improved Working Relationships
The IT team can get a rough deal sometimes. Not only do they have to effectively keep the business running, they also have to deal with the other people involved with the business.
Putting it frankly, they often have to shoulder the frustrations that the rest of the team has when they can’t deliver as quickly as the rest of the team wants and thinks they need. One of the best gifts that you can give them is a policy of hearing IT out. They have greater insight into the workings of the business and the impact that one initiative will have over another on a business’ workflow. There needs to be trust that the decisions they have made at a given time are not without reason, and that those reasons may not be apparent to an outside perspective at first.
Encouraging the rest of your team to keep this in mind year-round will help to make IT’s job a lot less stressful.
If you want a gift that the overworked IT resource would especially appreciate, try a managed service agreement with White Mountain IT Services! We can lend a hand, allowing your IT resource time to take a breath between their many responsibilities and to focus on the quality of the job they do. Give us a call at 603-889-0800 to learn more.
- 4 Internal Threats Every Business Owner Should Understand In light of all the data leaks and vulnerabilities that have been brought to light over the past few years, network security has to be a priority for every business. One problem many organizations have is that while they are protecting their network and infrastructure from threats outside their comp...
- How to Compose a Successful Business Continuity Plan If you don’t consider the worst-case scenario when preparing your business’ disaster recovery strategy, you’ll inevitably suffer from it when it does happen. Taking into account all of these nuances is one of the main ways your organization can prepare for such an occasion. All of these instances ne...
- What Will We Use When the Computer Mouse Goes Extinct? Does anyone remember computer punch cards? Does this date us? Either way, since computing punch cards went the way of the dinosaur, there has been some version of the keyboard and mouse as we know them today. These interfacing tools have become so ingrained into our minds that it is frankly difficul...
- Would You Fall for this Adult Scam if You Saw an Old Passwor... As you may expect, the average Internet scammer isn’t above resorting to dirty tricks to claim their ill-gotten prize from their victims. A recent scam demonstrates just how dirty these tricks can truly be, and unfortunately, how ill-prepared many are to handle them. To preface this scam, we need...
- Spend More Time Managing Your Business, and Less Managing Ve... Chances are, you most likely view your vendors as a necessary evil. While you have to work with them to get the things that your business needs to function, it’s hard to not think of everything else that could be accomplished in the time you spend dealing with them. Unfortunately, there are even mor...
- Getting to Know Technology: Hackers It doesn’t matter how much of a technology novice someone is, chances are, they’ve heard the term “hacker” before. A favorite character trope of Hollywood films and television dramas, these cybercriminals have appeared in productions like Die Hard and Mr. Robot with varying degrees of accuracy. Belo...