The Other Features of VoIP Fuel Business Communications
For the small business looking to transform both their communications system and their IT budget, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) is a great solution. VoIP can deliver clear and reliable calling services that some landline services simply don’t offer. We take a look at VoIP’s more interesting features in this week’s blog.
Find Me/Follow Me Call Routing
Most telephone platforms have a call forwarding service, but the find me/follow me call routing feature allows for additional customization to this service. You are able to set what phones you want to ring, in what order, at what time. This routing service ensures that you get all the important calls wherever you are, keeping you mobile, and not tethered to a specific phone when you’re expecting a call.
Voicemail to Email Transcription
VoIP has features that make tough situations better. One useful service is to have your voicemail transcribed to text and sent to your email address. This allows you to read your voicemail messages when you are unable to talk on the phone, ensuring you get the messages promptly.
With a built-in auto attendant, VoIP provides thorough and fast call mapping, ensuring your callers can access the right caller without knowing the extension.
Most phone systems offer some semblance of conference calling, but with VoIP, it features managed invitation, interaction, and muting controls to have more control over your audio conferencing solutions.
Do Not Disturb
Need to buckle down and get some work done? The do not disturb setting will put everything to your voicemail without ringing any of the phones on your queue.
If you would like to hear about more features, and information on how VoIP can benefit your business, talk to our experts at White Mountain IT Services by calling 603-889-0800 today.
- Three Reasons VoIP is a Great Choice for Businesses If you’re trying to run your business without considering communication, you’re crippling your business unnecessarily. One of the ways that you can improve communications is by capitalizing on a modern phone system that uses the cloud. You might be surprised by how great a cloud-hosted VoIP solution...
- How to Compose a Successful Business Continuity Plan If you don’t consider the worst-case scenario when preparing your business’ disaster recovery strategy, you’ll inevitably suffer from it when it does happen. Taking into account all of these nuances is one of the main ways your organization can prepare for such an occasion. All of these instances ne...
- Why Should Your Vendors Decide What’s Right for Your Busines... You serve as a vendor to your clients, providing them with a necessary good or service. Likewise, you have vendors that provide you with the goods and services that enable you to do so. However, how well are your vendors managed? What is Vendor Management? Putting it simply, vendor management is ...
- 3 Ways VoIP Can Enhance Your Employees’ Collaboration: Here’... It’s not every day that you encounter a business technology solution that’s capable of connecting all of your employees together in a quick and easy way. Voice over Internet Protocol, or VoIP, is a great way for your business’ employees to collaborate, both in and out of the office. We’ll go into th...
- IoT Security is a Key Business Concern The Internet of Things is everywhere, which means that potential security risks are also everywhere. Your business needs to take the risks presented by the IoT into account and prepare accordingly. What are You Willing to Risk?When devising a policy for your company concerning the IoT, you need t...
- Do You Know How to Determine Your Computing Needs? In most businesses today, the computer is an essential tool. Taking this into consideration, you need to make sure that your staff is equipped with the right tools for their given job… but which tool is the right tool? Here, we’ll review the determinations that will help you make the best choice of ...