Businesses Utilizing Cloud-Hosted HR and Payroll
Cloud computing can be used for many things, and nowhere is this more true than in the business environment. Organizations of all shapes and sizes use the cloud to keep operations moving forward. Some have even moved their entire human resources and payroll departments into the cloud. We’ll help you decide if this is the right approach for your organization.
There are mandates businesses must be aware of if they hope to maintain compliance, and HR functions as the connecting tissue that makes sure employees know and are in compliance with these regulations. If you are like many organizations that don’t have a dedicated HR department, there are options available that can help you manage these roles through dedicated cloud-based platforms; but first, let’s take a look at what the primary responsibilities of an HR department are. We have put together six of them:
- Employee retention
- Health and safety
- Training and compliance
- Employee management
Software developers have invested a considerable amount of time into building dynamic human resource software solutions that can make management much easier for small businesses. Some of these services even offer automation for HR directors to control many of their responsibilities in an easy-to-manage way. Here are some of the services this includes:
- Human Resource Information System (HRIS)
- Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
- Benefits Administration
- Time and Compensation Management
- Training Management Performance, and Recognition Management
- HR Analytics
- Wellness Management
It’s safe to say that the majority of today’s tools can accomplish most, if not all, of these tasks. It used to be common practice to host all the applications a human resources department would need on a single computer or network, but a truly hosted solution would include secure storage on servers managed by a provider. These services would also be accessible anywhere through an Internet connection, making them much more dynamic and flexible than your traditional in-house HR solution.
Human Resources as a Service
Like many services out there, HR as a Service (HRaaS) aims to create a fully outsourced solution to a problem that many businesses face. HRaaS aims to eliminate the need for an in-house HR staff by providing all the services and skills they require in one central location. The benefits of this include a significant cut in spending and resources traditionally needed to amass a human resources department on-site.
HRaaS can enable your business to eliminate significant costs associated with HR management. It can both standardize your HR processes and cut down on potential issues you might face through the traditional method, such as finding the right platform and hunting down the right people for the job.
White Mountain IT Services can help your business determine the best technology solutions for your organization’s needs. To learn more, reach out to us at 603-889-0800.
- Some of the Value that Cloud Computing Offers Cloud computing is a major player in the way that businesses are approaching their daily operations. This might bring into question whether or not your organization is actually using the cloud in the first place, but one thing is certain--if you haven’t implemented the cloud yet, it’s difficult to n...
- The Hybrid Cloud’s Usefulness to the Modern Business Cloud computing has revolutionized the way business is done, but most businesses don’t always feel comfortable storing data and hosting critical infrastructure in the cloud. Every business has to determine what kind of computing infrastructure is right for them. Many businesses today have decided to...
- Why Your Business Should Be Using Virtualization Virtualization can change a lot for your business. Since you can use multiple types of solutions to expand the way your operations work, virtualization is the perfect strategy to improve your business. But what is virtualization, exactly? At its roots, virtualization takes a service or solution tha...
- Follow These 3 Rules for a Problem-Free Cloud Migration So, you’re convinced that cloud computing is the new way to go for your company. That’s great, and it’s an easy choice to make, seeing as the cloud affords organizations benefits such as increased productivity, improved collaboration, anytime/anywhere access, and much more. Now that you’ve decided t...
- Turn the Key to Business Success with All-in-One Technology ... We all know the pain of contriving a brand new business solution. It takes time to implement and it can be an unnecessary hurdle to greater operational efficiency. Therefore, the best way to make the most out of a brand new solution is to use one that requires minimal setup, and can be implemented i...
- 3 Ways the Cloud Gets Better in 2016 Cloud services are growing more common to the world of small and medium-sized businesses, to the point where almost all businesses take advantage of the cloud in some way, shape, or form. However, a business’s specific cloud needs vary, and the same solution doesn’t work for everyone. Still, there a...