A Brief Review of (Some) VoIP Features
VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) solutions famously offer businesses some significant cost savings. While this may be the extent of many people’s understanding of its value, VoIP actually has a lot more to offer. That’s why we wanted to go over just a few of its benefits - to provide a bit of insight into what makes VoIP such a great choice for today’s organizations.
How is VoIP Different than the Normal Telephone Service?
To the casual onlooker, there isn’t really any difference between VoIP and traditional telephony… the phone rings, you answer it, and you have a conversation with whoever is on the other end. However, when you’re the one using it (or at least paying for its use), VoIP offers a few advantages that set it high above the traditional approach, in addition to the aforementioned cost savings.
Like the cost savings, most of these advantages can be attributed to how Voice over Internet Protocol data is delivered: over the Internet. This method allows for other useful capabilities.
It is important to mention that many of these capabilities are available through a traditional phone solution, but there are those that are only possible with VoIP, and all of them will cost extra. Standard VoIP solutions usually include these same capabilities, making a traditional telephone service the more expensive (and less impressive) alternative.
Here are just a few such capabilities that VoIP offers:
Call Forwarding/Mobile Applications
You never want to miss a business call if it can be helped, which is why VoIP’s ability to integrate with your mobile device or even an existing landline is so useful. If a call goes unanswered in the office, other numbers for that contact can be tried. Most VoIP solutions offer mobile applications that also allow calls to be answered from the mobile device in question.
As a result, you and your staff are capable of maintaining communication from anywhere that there’s Wi-Fi available or that a mobile signal can be established. This means that your employees who travel for work can remain in the loop, and your productivity is that much less reliant on your team being in the office.
We’ve all been an important phone call where a key piece of information has been shared, only to later realize we can’t remember specifically what was said. VoIP solutions help to resolve this by offering the option to record a conversation, allowing you to return to different spots for reference. As an added benefit, you can also use these recordings as training materials, demonstrating practical examples of certain kinds of calls.
On a related note, VoIP can be extremely useful as a conferencing tool, as long as your team can handle it. With most of your VoIP options conference-bridging, more of your staff can participate in the dialogue.
To learn more about VoIP and the other benefits it offers, give us a call at 603-889-0800.
- Three Reasons VoIP is a Great Choice for Businesses If you’re trying to run your business without considering communication, you’re crippling your business unnecessarily. One of the ways that you can improve communications is by capitalizing on a modern phone system that uses the cloud. You might be surprised by how great a cloud-hosted VoIP solution...
- Why Should Your Vendors Decide What’s Right for Your Busines... You serve as a vendor to your clients, providing them with a necessary good or service. Likewise, you have vendors that provide you with the goods and services that enable you to do so. However, how well are your vendors managed? What is Vendor Management? Putting it simply, vendor management is ...
- How to Compose a Successful Business Continuity Plan If you don’t consider the worst-case scenario when preparing your business’ disaster recovery strategy, you’ll inevitably suffer from it when it does happen. Taking into account all of these nuances is one of the main ways your organization can prepare for such an occasion. All of these instances ne...
- 3 Ways VoIP Can Enhance Your Employees’ Collaboration: Here’... It’s not every day that you encounter a business technology solution that’s capable of connecting all of your employees together in a quick and easy way. Voice over Internet Protocol, or VoIP, is a great way for your business’ employees to collaborate, both in and out of the office. We’ll go into th...
- Tip of the Week: Awareness Is Important When Surfing the Web We all love the Internet. We all use it almost every day. For this week’s tip, we’ll review a few ways to help keep yourself from getting in trouble while browsing. Sacrificing Security for ConvenienceFor starters, most of the threats to be found online are of the sort that can be avoided somewha...
- IoT Security is a Key Business Concern The Internet of Things is everywhere, which means that potential security risks are also everywhere. Your business needs to take the risks presented by the IoT into account and prepare accordingly. What are You Willing to Risk?When devising a policy for your company concerning the IoT, you need t...