3 Vital Technologies for Remote Workers
Remote workers are changing the way that both employees and their employers are viewing their workspace. It’s been proven that businesses can mitigate their overhead costs and increase their employee retention rate by allowing their team to work from home, but without the proper technology, they have no chance of being as productive as they can be if they were in the office.
Here are three of the top technologies necessary in order to ensure your mobile workforce stays as productive as possible, even while working remotely.
Voice over Internet Protocol
If your remote employees have no way to communicate with your in-house staff, things will get ugly fast. Email is too unreliable to be your business’s primary method of communication with remote staff, so what’s the small business to do? Voice over Internet Protocol, or VoIP, is a growing trend in the business environment, and for good reason. Organizations can dodge the long-distance charges and other overpriced telephone provider rates, that are often lump many services into a single package.
With a VoIP solution from White Mountain IT Services, you pay for exactly what you want. You can have a powerful, scalable telephony solution that’s designed to be an operating expense rather than a capital investment. You pay for the services you want, and our rates are 100 percent transparent.
Cloud computing might still be an emerging technology, but it’s grown to be an imperative feature of the modern business’s data infrastructure. Organizations need access to their data anytime and anywhere, especially if they want to keep the productivity up while working remotely. Remote workers can access important information from the comfort of their home office (or wherever they work).
White Mountain IT Services can assist your business with the integration and management of a cloud computing platform. Just like VoIP, our cloud solution is completely scalable to meet the specific needs of your organization.
Remote Access Software
With communication from VoIP and information/application access handled by cloud computing, what’s left to tackle for the remote employee? If they have an in-house PC, they might need to access certain applications in order to fulfill their work requirements. If this is the case, remote employees need remote access software to access information stored locally on their work PCs.
Once again, White Mountain IT Services has your remote access needs covered. We can equip your business with the tools required to access information easily and efficiently, even while out of the office.
For more information about how White Mountain IT Services’s remote technology solutions can improve your business’s operations, give us a call at 603-889-0800.
- Some of the Value that Cloud Computing Offers Cloud computing is a major player in the way that businesses are approaching their daily operations. This might bring into question whether or not your organization is actually using the cloud in the first place, but one thing is certain--if you haven’t implemented the cloud yet, it’s difficult to n...
- What You Need to Know About the Growing FinTech Market Money needs to move in order for the economy to work. Traditionally, banks are the major lending institutions, and as a result have to adhere to a myriad of regulations. To provide an equitable system that people aren’t afraid to utilize, there are a lot of checks and balances that have put in place...
- How to Compose a Successful Business Continuity Plan If you don’t consider the worst-case scenario when preparing your business’ disaster recovery strategy, you’ll inevitably suffer from it when it does happen. Taking into account all of these nuances is one of the main ways your organization can prepare for such an occasion. All of these instances ne...
- 4 Internal Threats Every Business Owner Should Understand In light of all the data leaks and vulnerabilities that have been brought to light over the past few years, network security has to be a priority for every business. One problem many organizations have is that while they are protecting their network and infrastructure from threats outside their comp...
- Would You Fall for this Adult Scam if You Saw an Old Passwor... As you may expect, the average Internet scammer isn’t above resorting to dirty tricks to claim their ill-gotten prize from their victims. A recent scam demonstrates just how dirty these tricks can truly be, and unfortunately, how ill-prepared many are to handle them. To preface this scam, we need...
- Getting to Know Technology: Hackers It doesn’t matter how much of a technology novice someone is, chances are, they’ve heard the term “hacker” before. A favorite character trope of Hollywood films and television dramas, these cybercriminals have appeared in productions like Die Hard and Mr. Robot with varying degrees of accuracy. Belo...