4 Reasons Why SMBs Need Remote IT Support
Technology is an imperative part of your business’s operations, but sometimes things don’t go quite as planned. It can fail when you least expect it to, and you’d really hate to pay your IT provider for an on-site visit. What can you do when you’re in a technology bind and need to keep operations moving forward?
This is why any managed IT provider worth their salt offers remote IT maintenance and support services. Naturally, it’s more cost-effective to provide remote assistance than traveling for an on-site visit, and you get the benefit of immediate service.
Small and medium-sized businesses will find that remote IT services are one of the many benefits of working with White Mountain IT Services. Here are four reasons why remote IT service is crucial.
Many Problems Can Be Resolved Remotely
Let’s face it; sometimes it’s more convenient to have us fix any problems you might have with your technology remotely. This coincides with the fact that most problems related to IT can be resolved without an on-site visit from our professional technicians. With our remote monitoring and maintenance tool, we can diagnose and resolve problems easily. Of course, there are some hardware problems that require a physical touch, but for those pesky, lesser issues, remote service will get the job done.
Fast, Efficient IT Service
Many of the problems you might face with your IT infrastructure are minor and can be resolved very quickly, but other times you might have a serious problem on your hands. Remote maintenance lets us immediately look into the problem without a lengthy trip to your office. Since you aren’t waiting for us to arrive on-site to fix the issue, you’re saving valuable time that can be better used for other aspects of the work day.
Remote IT is Cost-Effective
Many tech support businesses will charge by the hour for any on-site technology maintenance. This often includes the time spent traveling to and from your office. Instead of letting your budget eat these charges, it’s better to get a remote diagnosis of the problem before committing to an on-site visit. This way, you don’t shell out more than you need to when the problem can easily be fixed remotely.
Minimal Distractions in Your Workplace
Is your entire office distracted when there’s a visitor? If so, you know that anything out of the ordinary is enough to send productivity packing. We don’t want to be in your hair when you’re going for maximum productivity, so the ideal choice for getting the most work done is to have us remotely access your systems and perform maintenance that way.
Keep in mind that White Mountain IT Services isn’t opposed to making on-site visits. We’re happy to do what’s necessary to help your office achieve maximum efficiency, but when you can achieve the same level of service remotely, why not do what’s most convenient? For more information about remote IT services, give us a call at 603-889-0800.
- How to Compose a Successful Business Continuity Plan If you don’t consider the worst-case scenario when preparing your business’ disaster recovery strategy, you’ll inevitably suffer from it when it does happen. Taking into account all of these nuances is one of the main ways your organization can prepare for such an occasion. All of these instances ne...
- 4 Internal Threats Every Business Owner Should Understand In light of all the data leaks and vulnerabilities that have been brought to light over the past few years, network security has to be a priority for every business. One problem many organizations have is that while they are protecting their network and infrastructure from threats outside their comp...
- What Will We Use When the Computer Mouse Goes Extinct? Does anyone remember computer punch cards? Does this date us? Either way, since computing punch cards went the way of the dinosaur, there has been some version of the keyboard and mouse as we know them today. These interfacing tools have become so ingrained into our minds that it is frankly difficul...
- Spend More Time Managing Your Business, and Less Managing Ve... Chances are, you most likely view your vendors as a necessary evil. While you have to work with them to get the things that your business needs to function, it’s hard to not think of everything else that could be accomplished in the time you spend dealing with them. Unfortunately, there are even mor...
- Would You Fall for this Adult Scam if You Saw an Old Passwor... As you may expect, the average Internet scammer isn’t above resorting to dirty tricks to claim their ill-gotten prize from their victims. A recent scam demonstrates just how dirty these tricks can truly be, and unfortunately, how ill-prepared many are to handle them. To preface this scam, we need...
- Getting to Know Technology: Hackers It doesn’t matter how much of a technology novice someone is, chances are, they’ve heard the term “hacker” before. A favorite character trope of Hollywood films and television dramas, these cybercriminals have appeared in productions like Die Hard and Mr. Robot with varying degrees of accuracy. Belo...