IT Field Technician
White Mountain IT Services
We are a Managed IT services company looking for an experienced Field Technician.
We are seeking a bright and highly motivated individual to join our team as a Field Technician. Candidates must demonstrate a highly professional demeanor and possess excellent organizational and communication skills. Successful candidates must also be exceptional team players with a strong technical aptitude.
- Provide end-user support including remote users, home offices, and central location.
- Support and deploy desktop and server hardware and software, printers, faxes, etc.
- Manage provisioning of accounts and access for various network and business systems.
- Provide timely responses to IT requests via phone, e-mail, or in person.
- Review daily task priorities to address overdue tasks and escalate as necessary.
- Plan, execute, and implement various infrastructure and business system projects.
Experience and Required Skills:
- Strong communication skills with a desire to provide outstanding customer service.
- Strong hardware & software troubleshooting skills.
- Proficient in MS operating systems, Windows 7, Vista, XP Pro, 2003 and 2008 Server.
- Hardware knowledge; laptops, desktops, servers, networking, appliances
- Desktop setup, support, testing, upgrades, troubleshooting and repair
- Strong background in network technologies; switches, routers, wireless, LAN/WAN, VPN
- PC/server migrations and special hardware implementations
- Backup systems and related technologies
- Ability to provide Help Desk support for MS Office applications.
- Multi-tasking capabilities and ability to thrive in a fast paced environment.
Education and other Requirements
- Minimum A+ certification or equivalent work experience. MS certification preferred.
- Experience in common office computer programs such as MS Office and e-mail applications
- Must possess excellent troubleshooting skills and be able to quickly understand complex environments.
- The person must have well-developed interpersonal, organizational, and problem solving skills and be a team player with a desire to provide a high level of customer service.
- A positive attitude is a must.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate orally and in writing in a clear concise manner.
- Knowledge of networking and mail standards.