What Value Do Managed Services Offer? Thirdly, Proactivity
Sometimes, your business may have a need that requires you to bring in an external resource, including assistance with the technology it leverages. Here, in the second part of our series, we’ll see how a managed service provider can act as a consultant for your various business needs.
What Does a Consultant Do?
A consultant’s role in the business can be described somewhat simply - it is someone with resources or experience that is brought in to contribute to a project or process to elevate it beyond its typical capabilities. Consultants can be brought in for a variety of reasons, such as a business lacking the skills or knowledge to properly complete an objective, or simply looking to make a project more likely to be successful.
In many ways, consultants are there to help businesses mitigate issues and boost their operational efficiency.
What a Consultant Should Provide
Any consultant you work with needs to have a few qualities… but the most important of these qualities is naturally the familiarity they have with the process you have brought them on to assist with. They need to have the knowledge that comes from extensive (and recent) experience, and the willingness to share it.
This is what makes White Mountain IT Services a team of consultants, as we are brought in by companies to assist them with their IT management and maintenance. Resultantly, we only see ourselves as successful at what we do if our services and solutions prove to be beneficial to those that we work with.
This makes it crucial that we only offer services that are accompanied by clear advantages for our clients, such as:
Virtual CIO Services
The cost of technology is a major concern for many of our clients. Whether they’re seeking to upgrade their IT or expand it to match their business’ growth, there is a shared concern among them: they want to make sure they’re getting sufficient value from their investment. This is precisely why our Virtual CIO services are useful - we evaluate and plan out their technology strategy to ensure they get that value, and more.
While vendors are crucial for a business’ continued operations, communicating with them can be a time-suck for many businesses - especially if multiple vendors need to be contacted. Our Vendor Management services allow you to focus on generating revenue, while we serve as your single point of contact for all of your different suppliers.
Business Process Management
The point of integrating technology into a business is largely to boost efficiency. Someone within the business in question may not have the perspective to use their available resources optimally - something that a managed service provider will have and be able to leverage. Furthermore, as your managed service provider has a stake in your continued success, you can be confident that they will do all they can to ensure that success.
This Is Just the Beginning of What a Managed Service Provider Can Do
A managed service provider can deliver value in this way, as well as many others. Make sure you subscribe so you don’t miss the next installment of this series, and if you want to learn more now, reach out to White Mountain IT Services at 603-889-0800!
- Would You Fall for this Adult Scam if You Saw an Old Passwor... As you may expect, the average Internet scammer isn’t above resorting to dirty tricks to claim their ill-gotten prize from their victims. A recent scam demonstrates just how dirty these tricks can truly be, and unfortunately, how ill-prepared many are to handle them. To preface this scam, we need...
- 4 Internal Threats Every Business Owner Should Understand In light of all the data leaks and vulnerabilities that have been brought to light over the past few years, network security has to be a priority for every business. One problem many organizations have is that while they are protecting their network and infrastructure from threats outside their comp...
- How to Compose a Successful Business Continuity Plan If you don’t consider the worst-case scenario when preparing your business’ disaster recovery strategy, you’ll inevitably suffer from it when it does happen. Taking into account all of these nuances is one of the main ways your organization can prepare for such an occasion. All of these instances ne...
- Spend More Time Managing Your Business, and Less Managing Ve... Chances are, you most likely view your vendors as a necessary evil. While you have to work with them to get the things that your business needs to function, it’s hard to not think of everything else that could be accomplished in the time you spend dealing with them. Unfortunately, there are even mor...
- Why Should Your Vendors Decide What’s Right for Your Busines... You serve as a vendor to your clients, providing them with a necessary good or service. Likewise, you have vendors that provide you with the goods and services that enable you to do so. However, how well are your vendors managed? What is Vendor Management? Putting it simply, vendor management is ...
- Is It Safe to Have Your Browser Remember Your Passwords? Let’s be honest - not all of us have the best memories. This makes the ability for many browsers to remember our passwords seem like a godsend. However, is this capability actually a good thing for your cybersecurity? The answer may not surprise you. Nope! While yes, the fact that we no longer ha...