Tip of the Week: Keeping Track of Your Own IT Isn’t Easy
Quick - when was the last time your routers were updated? Not sure? How about your servers, or every other piece of technology in your office?
The truth is, maintaining a business’ IT requires more than just running a virus scan every once and a while, or updating a mission-critical program on each workstation. It requires an in-depth understanding of each component and its history, assisted by the use of specialized tools and extensive record-keeping.
This is a big part of why we call ourselves a managed service provider, actually.
How We Are Able to Track So Much
One of the biggest parts of managed services is our practice of monitoring our clients’ IT solutions in order to catch inconsistencies and threats. In order to do so, we utilize a collection of advanced tools and specialized software that allows us to comprehensively track and analyze all of your technology.
These tools and software give us a look under the hood, so to speak, allowing us to record data and create our own historical record to reference.
As a result, we wind up producing a truly staggering amount of documentation on your business’ technology:
- Each and every device you have, from your network infrastructure to every company-owned endpoint and peripheral that attaches to it.
- The proper configuration for each of these devices.
- The date that each of these devices was installed.
- The licenses that your business needs to maintain, and the status of the ones you have.
- A comprehensive history of all service that each of these devices have received.
This documentation allows us to better diagnose and resolve issues with your IT - usually preemptively - resulting in fewer interruptions and issues to keep you from accomplishing what your business is supposed to be accomplishing.
Interested in finding out more?
This entire process usually starts with a simple network audit, just to reveal where the business currently stands. Let us perform one for you. Reach out today to schedule yours by calling us at 603-889-0800!
- Managed IT is a Valuable Solution to Your Technology Woes When your organization is suffering from failing computer hardware, you will almost certainly experience increased downtime that will result in operational inefficiency and an overall lack of productivity. In order to keep your business technology properly working for you, you will need access to kn...
- Tech Term: What are Proxy Servers? While proxy server is a tech term that is frequently cited, it is not understood by a vast majority of people. Today we will describe what a proxy server is, and why organizations like yours use them. What is a Proxy Server? Simply put, a proxy server is a computer that acts as an intermediary be...
- Tip of the Week: Awareness is Key to Mobile Device Security With more and more businesses relying on mobile devices for their business they have to be sure that the use of these devices doesn’t present security issues for the company. With all that is happening in business computing today, finding out how you can protect yourself in lieu of the prevalence sm...
- Tip of the Week: 3 Ways to a Faster Boot Time Your time is valuable, so you don’t have time to waste on waiting for your Windows operating system to boot up. In the interest of saving time, today’s tip will go over three ways to speed up your Windows 10 boot time. Of course, you should always check with IT to make sure it is okay before you ...
- Why Should Your Vendors Decide What’s Right for Your Busines... You serve as a vendor to your clients, providing them with a necessary good or service. Likewise, you have vendors that provide you with the goods and services that enable you to do so. However, how well are your vendors managed? What is Vendor Management? Putting it simply, vendor management is ...
- Would You Fall for this Adult Scam if You Saw an Old Passwor... As you may expect, the average Internet scammer isn’t above resorting to dirty tricks to claim their ill-gotten prize from their victims. A recent scam demonstrates just how dirty these tricks can truly be, and unfortunately, how ill-prepared many are to handle them. To preface this scam, we need...