How much thought have you put into your business’s cloud solution? If you haven’t already considered cloud computing, you definitely should. There’s a reason why cloud spending is in third place overall in IT expenditures, and that’s thanks to the overwhelming benefits that it offers in contrast to the traditional IT network model.
In fact, according to the Worldwide Cloud IT Infrastructure tracker for the first quarter of 2015, cloud IT will soon trump spending on traditional IT models sometime in the next decade.
There are several noteworthy observations to make concerning this image:
- Traditional IT is still the main player for 2015, rolling in at just over 65 percent of all deployments.
- Public cloud IT accounts for around 20 percent of all deployments.
- Private cloud IT makes up over 10 percent of all deployments.
- Over the next five years, traditional IT will continue to decrease in usage, while the public cloud will make a significant jump in use. Private clouds will continue to grow, but not as quick a rate as the public cloud.
On the financial scale, here are some statistics:
- Spending on cloud IT infrastructures will reach $33.4 billion in 2015 alone.
- Spending on private cloud infrastructures will grow to $11.7 billion.
- Public cloud shows projected expenditures and growth of up to $21.7 billion.
These numbers show that the cloud industry is growing at a staggering rate, and that while traditional IT expenditures continue to fall, they’re not being mitigated slowly enough to be considered an afterthought yet. Whether or not your business wants to integrate a cloud solution shouldn’t be a question. The benefits greatly outweigh the costs in the long run, and there are a plethora of options to choose from; be it private cloud, public cloud, or even a mix of the two in a hybrid cloud solution.
It must be emphasized that the cloud can not only benefit your business model, but it can also increase your company’s mobility. By giving your employees the ability to access mission-critical applications and information while out of the office, you’re opening up more opportunities for productivity outside of the workplace. This lets your team choose how they want to work, and on what device.
It’s safe to say that the cloud is revolutionizing the deployment of information and applications, but what are your thoughts on it? If you have questions or concerns, feel free to call White Mountain IT Services. We can discuss how the cloud can benefit your business, and what complications you need to look out for. We can even help you integrate your own customized cloud solution. Contact us at 603-889-0800 for more information.
- Tip of the Week: How Small Business Goes About Utilizing Tec... No matter how big a business is, it has to leverage at least some IT in order to be efficient. Unfortunately, some organizations are reluctant to implement new technology if they don’t seem to need it immediately. What these businesses don’t know is that the reason they typically don’t implement new...
- Businesses Utilizing Cloud-Hosted HR and Payroll Cloud computing can be used for many things, and nowhere is this more true than in the business environment. Organizations of all shapes and sizes use the cloud to keep operations moving forward. Some have even moved their entire human resources and payroll departments into the cloud. We’ll help you...
- Why (and How) SMBs Should Strategically Adopt Technology There is no question that a small business can benefit from technology, as has been proven time and time again. However, an issue can arise if a business bites off more than it can chew, so to speak, and ultimately creates a spike in costs. A responsible business owner will resist this temptation an...
- Why Your Business Should Be Using Virtualization Virtualization can change a lot for your business. Since you can use multiple types of solutions to expand the way your operations work, virtualization is the perfect strategy to improve your business. But what is virtualization, exactly? At its roots, virtualization takes a service or solution tha...
- What is Cloud Waste and How Can You Prevent It? Cloud computing offers businesses an economical way to obtain the software and services they need. Yet, there comes a point when having too much of a good thing becomes wasteful, no matter how affordable the service may be. If a business owner isn’t careful about how they utilize the cloud, then the...
- Follow These 3 Rules for a Problem-Free Cloud Migration So, you’re convinced that cloud computing is the new way to go for your company. That’s great, and it’s an easy choice to make, seeing as the cloud affords organizations benefits such as increased productivity, improved collaboration, anytime/anywhere access, and much more. Now that you’ve decided t...