It’s been proven that the cloud is ideal for improving the way that organizations just like yours are handling their day-to-day operations, bringing both an increase in profits, net growth, and staff productivity. So, naturally, small businesses are moving in the direction of taking advantage of the cloud for their computing needs.
A study by Exact and Pb7 Research shows that the cloud has the potential to be an invaluable asset to businesses, claiming that the cloud can potentially double profits and help them achieve an additional 25 percent revenue growth compared to businesses that haven’t adopted cloud solutions. The study is based on 750 interviews with small businesses, all of which have less than 50 employees. 51 percent of all respondents claimed to use at least one form of cloud computing software, while nearly 30 percent of small businesses in the United States admitted to using three or more cloud applications in the workplace.
In other words, most businesses are adopting the cloud and using it to improve the way they operate. When asked why they chose to implement cloud solutions, businesses gave these top five reasons:
- Security: 32%
- Lower IT costs: 26%
- Low maintenance requirements, less physical infrastructure: 23%
- Easy mobile access: 23%
- More productivity and efficiency for end-users: 21%
Additionally, when asked to rate certain aspects of the cloud on a scale of 1 (low) through 5 (high), the average results were:
- Easy to use: 4.0
- Easier to find information: 4.0
- Easier to share information: 3.9
- Increased productivity: 3.9
- Easier to add and remove users: 3.8
Before integrating a cloud solution, it’s important to consider the reasons you want to take advantage of it. What goals are you hoping to achieve, and how will the cloud going help you reach those goals? These are questions that absolutely have to be answered if you hope to reap any benefits from your cloud. White Mountain IT Services can help your business make an educated decision concerning the future of your cloud infrastructure. Give us a call at 603-889-0800 to learn more.
- Tip of the Week: How Small Business Goes About Utilizing Tec... No matter how big a business is, it has to leverage at least some IT in order to be efficient. Unfortunately, some organizations are reluctant to implement new technology if they don’t seem to need it immediately. What these businesses don’t know is that the reason they typically don’t implement new...
- Businesses Utilizing Cloud-Hosted HR and Payroll Cloud computing can be used for many things, and nowhere is this more true than in the business environment. Organizations of all shapes and sizes use the cloud to keep operations moving forward. Some have even moved their entire human resources and payroll departments into the cloud. We’ll help you...
- Why (and How) SMBs Should Strategically Adopt Technology There is no question that a small business can benefit from technology, as has been proven time and time again. However, an issue can arise if a business bites off more than it can chew, so to speak, and ultimately creates a spike in costs. A responsible business owner will resist this temptation an...
- Why Your Business Should Be Using Virtualization Virtualization can change a lot for your business. Since you can use multiple types of solutions to expand the way your operations work, virtualization is the perfect strategy to improve your business. But what is virtualization, exactly? At its roots, virtualization takes a service or solution tha...
- What is Cloud Waste and How Can You Prevent It? Cloud computing offers businesses an economical way to obtain the software and services they need. Yet, there comes a point when having too much of a good thing becomes wasteful, no matter how affordable the service may be. If a business owner isn’t careful about how they utilize the cloud, then the...
- Follow These 3 Rules for a Problem-Free Cloud Migration So, you’re convinced that cloud computing is the new way to go for your company. That’s great, and it’s an easy choice to make, seeing as the cloud affords organizations benefits such as increased productivity, improved collaboration, anytime/anywhere access, and much more. Now that you’ve decided t...