Ransomware: What You Should Know
The reality is that in today’s world even ordinary small businesses are constantly under attack by hackers. You may think that you don’t have any data that would be valuable to a hacker, but as Crypto has taught us they are now targeting data that is valuable to YOU which in turn makes it valuable to them.
If they can get access to it, they “steal” it, hold it hostage, and sell it back to YOU. Using new anonymous payment methods like bitcoin, they have found a way to build a highly automated business that simply sells us our own most valuable business data, with little chance of being identified or getting caught.
The FBI recently published a warning to alert the public about a recent rise in the spread of ransomware in the U.S. Click HERE to see FBI alert I-062315-PSA.
Does your business take data and cyber security seriously?
Do you encourage and promote security awareness and safe computing practices?
Get the conversation started with our FREE Cyber Security Toolkit.
We have compiled a series of free downloads and links that include educational tools such as:
- Security awareness posters. Hang these in the lunch room and rotate them throughout the year, keep security on peoples mind everyday.
- Educational videos. Many users don't really understand the role that they play in keeping your network safe, or NOT SO SAFE.
- Whitepapers, handouts and info graphics. More tools to use at company meetings and training sessions.
- Links for free software and tools to keep your users home computers and mobile devices safe.
- General tips and guidelines for safe computing best practices.
Interested in a free Cyber Security Review?
If you have questions about network security, or you are facing a compliance review or audit, contact us today at 603-889-0800 for a free confidential conversation about how White Mountain can help.