How VoIP Can Save Your Business Money
It isn’t exactly a secret that small and medium-sized businesses appreciate any opportunity to reduce the amount of money they have to spend to successfully operate. One means that businesses of all sizes have used to do so has been VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) telephony. Here, we’ll explore just how VoIP solutions are friendlier to a business’ budget.
First, it may be helpful to briefly review what VoIP is, exactly.
Understanding Voice over Internet Protocol
Originally, the telephone worked by taking the sound of a voice and converting it into electronic waves, which were then sent to the recipient and converted back into sound. Nowadays, digital phone systems translate sound information into packets of binary data that are transmitted to the person on the other end of the line across the Internet.
How Does VoIP Ultimately Save My Business Money?
There are quite a few ways that the cost savings that are so often touted with VoIP can be accomplished.
You’re Paying for One Less Thing
On a very basic level, VoIP can save your business money by eliminating one of the utilities that you’d otherwise pay for: your telephone service bill. Since VoIP uses the Internet to transmit data, all you need to pay for is your business’ Internet connection. While this does present the possibility of communication issues should you lose Internet service, the cost savings over time can make this issue less worrisome nevertheless.
VoIP is Easier
Because VoIP is delivered via the Internet, your employees no longer need any additional infrastructure to enable them to make calls - which makes the process of adding (or, if the need should arise, removing) phones much less intensive. After all, you will no longer potentially need to redesign the office to accommodate your infrastructure, eliminating the costly construction that this could bring about. This all contributes to a decreased investment necessary to leverage VoIP to your advantage.
VoIP is More Efficient
Depending on your industry, you may field repeated calls from clients and customers coming in for assistance and other assorted requests, often addressing similar topics. Some VoIP solutions enable you to provide them with an auto attendant recording that walks them through the process that is troubling them. As a result, they are satisfied, while your employees won’t need to deal with interruptions throughout the day that could be avoided, allowing them to be more productive during the time you pay them to be there.
Are there other benefits to VoIP solutions? Of course... there’s the enhanced mobility it offers, the customization we only briefly touched on, and many other considerations that make it a great option for businesses. However, the cost savings can’t be denied.
To learn more about implementing VoIP into your business’ technology, reach out to White Mountain IT Services at 603-889-0800!
- How to Balance Your IT’s Value Against the Cost No matter how you look at it, technology is expensive. You’ll rarely look at your IT invoices without cringing a little on the inside. However, it’s important that you take a glance at these every once in a while to understand just what you’re getting from your technology budget. Ultimately, you wan...
- Three Reasons VoIP is a Great Choice for Businesses If you’re trying to run your business without considering communication, you’re crippling your business unnecessarily. One of the ways that you can improve communications is by capitalizing on a modern phone system that uses the cloud. You might be surprised by how great a cloud-hosted VoIP solution...
- Why Should Your Vendors Decide What’s Right for Your Busines... You serve as a vendor to your clients, providing them with a necessary good or service. Likewise, you have vendors that provide you with the goods and services that enable you to do so. However, how well are your vendors managed? What is Vendor Management? Putting it simply, vendor management is ...
- 3 Ways VoIP Can Enhance Your Employees’ Collaboration: Here’... It’s not every day that you encounter a business technology solution that’s capable of connecting all of your employees together in a quick and easy way. Voice over Internet Protocol, or VoIP, is a great way for your business’ employees to collaborate, both in and out of the office. We’ll go into th...
- Tip of the Week: Keyboard Shortcuts to Save You Time Even the simplest tasks in the office can eat up a surprising amount of time over the span of a year. For example, did you know that switching from your keyboard to your mouse can consume up to eight full work days every year? By taking advantage of keyboard shortcuts, you can cut down on the amount...
- What’s New with Blockchain? Blockchain is one of the most popular emerging technologies, and it’s easy to see why. While the technology behind blockchain was once looked at as having no practical application in the workplace, it is now taking a seat front and center as a security tool for a modern business environment. Let’s t...