Automation Options Any Business Can Use
If they are doing their job well, a business’ decision makers are always looking for ways to increase efficiency. For years, businesses were looking to their human resources to improve, but today, technology can fill in the gaps more effectively. A culture of automation--the act of having machines do tasks that humans used to do--is proving to be a potent strategy for all types of tasks.
What is Automation?
As stated above, automation is the act of having machines do jobs that were once done by humans. Following this strategy presents some pretty attractive benefits for a business. For one, there are all types of menial tasks that nobody wants to take the time to do, but really need to be done. Technology is continuously being developed that can be more effective and reliable than human resources. As this technology continues to innovate, more and more tasks can be automated. This helps businesses cut costs as well as allows them to focus their human resources on revenue boosting initiatives rather than menial tasks that ultimately waste their human talents.
Automation has received a bit of a bad reputation as a job killer, but in many cases, the type of tasks being automated are mundane, rote tasks that need to be done, but are a waste of capital if human resources are forced to toil over them. Some automation will actually free human resources to focus on other, more productive tasks and concerns. When used in this way, business process automation can help boost your employees’ job satisfaction, the consistency of your company’s output, and enhance organizational efficiency.
Not sure how you would go about automating some tasks? Here are some suggestions:
- Customer Support
Nowadays, many organizations are dispatching artificial intelligence to handle their front-facing correspondence. Chatbots and other machine learning products can go a long way toward removing humans from customer support. All those frustrating, and time-consuming chats and calls can now be handled by AI-fueled systems.
Staying in compliance with local, state, federal, and overseas regulations can be costly and time-consuming. By leveraging automation, situations are limited to compliant ones, giving your organization the clean bill of health it needs to be effective.
Every business has a lot of moving parts. Automation doesn’t change that, but it alters the way that these parts move. One place where automation is seen regularly is in communication. Not only do email solutions come with built-in AI quick responses, enterprise VoIP systems can use AI to help an organization find the right phone extension.
In the future, automation will become commonplace for many human-completed tasks, opening up fears that jobs will be lost rapidly if the technology continues to improve. Those fears haven’t come to fruition yet. If you want to learn how to leverage automation into your everyday tasks and processes, give White Mountain IT Services a call today at 603-889-0800.
- Tip of the Week: 3 Ways to a Faster Boot Time Your time is valuable, so you don’t have time to waste on waiting for your Windows operating system to boot up. In the interest of saving time, today’s tip will go over three ways to speed up your Windows 10 boot time. Of course, you should always check with IT to make sure it is okay before you ...
- What Could Possibly Be Wrong with Your Computer? Slow computers are one of the small annoyances in an office that can implicate a much larger issue is hidden. The frustration stems from not being able to get anything done, whether it’s because the computer isn’t responding to your commands or it’s so slow that you can’t accomplish anything notewor...
- Tip of the Week: Keyboard Shortcuts to Save You Time Even the simplest tasks in the office can eat up a surprising amount of time over the span of a year. For example, did you know that switching from your keyboard to your mouse can consume up to eight full work days every year? By taking advantage of keyboard shortcuts, you can cut down on the amount...
- Do You Know How to Determine Your Computing Needs? In most businesses today, the computer is an essential tool. Taking this into consideration, you need to make sure that your staff is equipped with the right tools for their given job… but which tool is the right tool? Here, we’ll review the determinations that will help you make the best choice of ...
- What Will We Use When the Computer Mouse Goes Extinct? Does anyone remember computer punch cards? Does this date us? Either way, since computing punch cards went the way of the dinosaur, there has been some version of the keyboard and mouse as we know them today. These interfacing tools have become so ingrained into our minds that it is frankly difficul...
- Automation is Exciting, But your Employees Might Be Worried It’s no secret that business operations have a lot of moving parts that need to be considered. The thing is, these parts are most likely the simplest elements of any workflow, but take up large portions of time simply due to the number of them that need to be addressed. I bet that you could easil...