A Backup Protects Your Business from Issues of All Kinds
Data has effectively become another currency - and just like any other currency, some is much more valuable than others. This is especially the case where your business’ data is concerned, and why it is so crucial that you keep it safe.
Valuable or not, you don’t want to lose any of your business’ data. That’s why White Mountain IT Services is here to help, with solutions that provide comprehensive backup and disaster recovery.
Keeping a backup in this way can help keep you from becoming a victim of data loss, regardless of the severity of the data loss event. For instance:
You shouldn’t underestimate the potential impact that mistakenly deleting some critical data can have on your business. Fortunately, this impact can be deftly sidestepped so long as a backup solution is put in place. If your company is following good backup practices, you should have at least one copy of the deleted file in a backup, allowing you to restore it with little issue.
Data Corruption and Theft
Along a similar vein, a backup can be your saving grace if your data is stolen or targeted by a cyberthreat. This is especially the case when ransomware is involved, and your data has been encrypted. Rather than paying the ransom in the hopes of receiving the decryption key, or starting from scratch, a quick restoration from a backup can put you back in business (once the system has been wiped of the ransomware, of course).
This process is much easier when you have a business continuity plan to fall back on. This strategy recommends that you keep multiple copies of your backup, one isolated offsite for major repairs and more efficient migrations, and one on-premise for less severe loss incidents and quick fixes.
A Bonafide Disaster Event
Unfortunately, it can be hard to predict exactly what kind of disasters you need to protect your data from. While some are certainly more likely than others, even the least likely disasters need to be anticipated and prepared for. Fortunately, one of the most critical parts of preparing your business for any of these disasters is to have a backup ready and waiting. Ideally, you’ll never need to use it - especially for this reason - but you’ll be glad to have it if you do.
Many business owners don’t consider the possibility of any of these disasters before they happen, which leaves their company vulnerable. Don’t be one of these business owners.
Working with White Mountain IT Services will help you better prepare for disasters big and small, so you’ll be more able to weather through them and resume your operations. To learn more about business continuity planning and a BDR solution, give us a call at 603-889-0800.
- How to Compose a Successful Business Continuity Plan If you don’t consider the worst-case scenario when preparing your business’ disaster recovery strategy, you’ll inevitably suffer from it when it does happen. Taking into account all of these nuances is one of the main ways your organization can prepare for such an occasion. All of these instances ne...
- Backup and Recovery of Collaborative Environments As the cloud is being utilized by more individuals and organizations to meet their computing needs, more very important data is hosted outside of local computer networks. As a result, people utilize cloud storage for their backup and recovery strategies. In fact, it has become the primary use of clo...
- IoT Security is a Key Business Concern The Internet of Things is everywhere, which means that potential security risks are also everywhere. Your business needs to take the risks presented by the IoT into account and prepare accordingly. What are You Willing to Risk?When devising a policy for your company concerning the IoT, you need t...
- Do You Know How to Determine Your Computing Needs? In most businesses today, the computer is an essential tool. Taking this into consideration, you need to make sure that your staff is equipped with the right tools for their given job… but which tool is the right tool? Here, we’ll review the determinations that will help you make the best choice of ...
- Tip of the Week: How Small Business Goes About Utilizing Tec... No matter how big a business is, it has to leverage at least some IT in order to be efficient. Unfortunately, some organizations are reluctant to implement new technology if they don’t seem to need it immediately. What these businesses don’t know is that the reason they typically don’t implement new...
- Are You Prepared to Weather Any Disaster? Hurricane season can be a scary time for business owners, as those in at-risk climates can never feel safe from these kinds of unpredictable and devastating storms. In particular, those who aren’t prepared to face this destruction are in considerable danger of having their organizations ended for go...